Hello, my name is Mr. Giovannetti

Every student is touched in some way by Saint Viator’s choral activities. Whether you take part in one of the two choir classes, Music Ministry, or Chamber Singers or simply attend the musical and come to the all-school Masses, you have to admire whoever can bring so many students together and help them pull off their multifaceted performances. This year, a new teacher is working in the choir room and behind the scenes to make it all happen. His name is Mr. Joe Giovannetti.

Mr. Giovannetti is the director of choral activities; he teaches two choirs during the school day, as well as Music Ministry in the evenings, and is the moderator for Chamber Choir and Orchesis. He graduated from Indiana University’s Jacobs School of Music one year ago and then taught for a year at New Prairie High School in New Carlisle, Indiana. There he was the choir director, teaching two competitive show choirs and two beginning women’s choirs; he was also the music director of the musical.

A combination of factors, including his family’s proximity, brought Mr. Giovanetti to teach at Saint Viator.

“My family is very important to me. There was a job opening here and everything just worked out perfectly,” said Mr. Giovanetti.

Mr. Giovannetti is not a new face to Saint Viator High School; he graduated in 2010 and grew up right here in Arlington Heights.

“It’s funny to see teachers I used to have and call them by their first names,” said Mr. Giovanetti. “It’s cool to see how the school has evolved but still stayed the same,” he added, in reference to the recent renovations Saint Viator has undergone.

Mr. Giovannetti is excited to once again be a part of the school and said, “I am a lion at heart. I always have been! I bring with me a great respect for the community and the knowledge of what means to be a part of the Saint Viator community.”

Stop by the choir room someday and introduce yourself to Mr. Giovannetti, if you haven’t already. He’s always open to meeting new people and would especially love it if someone brought in some treats.

Until then, Mr. Giovannetti will continue teaching and doing what he loves and said, “I plan to continue to elevate the level of excellence in the Saint Viator Fine Arts community.”