Counselors provide relief for stressed students

Photo by Paige Laskiewicz

Ms. Claudia Carone spends her day working one on one with juniors.

For a long time, one thing has connected all students together: anxiety. Although students have brought up this topic to counselors and parents, their mental health is usually cast aside due to the fact that everybody goes through it.

All students are put under a lot of pressure, but they should not have to suffer alone and without the resources to help them cope. Young and old people alike all need to talk to someone about their problems in order to maintain a stable state of mind. Thanks to the new junior counselor, Ms. Claudia Carone, stressed-out students can get the help they need. Ms. Carone has a BA in Psychology and Sociology and a MA in School Counseling which make her very skilled as a counselor for issues regarding both school and mental health. Having a trained professional in the school that can help with these topics creates a healthier and safer environment in the school. Students now have a much higher chance of reaching not only their academic goals but also their goals pertaining to personal development. Along with many other additions to the faculty and staff, Ms. Carone is another friendly face students can rely on throughout their high school experience. Having a counselor is one thing, but having a counselor you can trust is very important.

When we talked to her she not only welcomed us into her office, but also gave off a contagious enthusiastic vibe.

“I am excited to be a part of Saint Viator and look forward to working with my junior class!” said Ms. Carone.

It’s safe to say we are too!