Hey there Mrs. Bremner!

Nicholette Bentz

Mrs. Bremner works hard to bring more students into the school.

Rolling in as the new Director of Enrollment is Mrs. Christine Bremner! She is a mother of four, all graduates of Our Lady of the Wayside and three of which are alumni of Saint Viator. Mrs. Bremner even taught some of Michael Jordan’s kids! She attended the University of Illinois in Champaign and got her degree in education, while also while also minoring in biology. From there, Mrs. Bremner taught middle school in Bannockburn, Illinois for seven years. After taking time off to raise her children, she began working as a science teacher, and then the technology coordinator at Our Lady of the Wayside. Though her immediate job as a director of enrollment is to recruit many students to attend Saint Viator, there is so much more than that.

“I completely believe in the mission and the value of Saint Viator, and as an educator, I see the value of students growing and developing, and I want to pass that on to feeder schools and prospective families,” Mrs. Bremner said. “Most importantly, I want to share why it’s such a good decision and investment for their children.”

Furthermore, Mrs. Bremner attributes many of her aspirations for the job to her experience with teaching middle school students and working closely with their families and principals, while also establishing beneficial relationships with the contacts at Viator.

Senior Maggie Crane said, “I think she is a great new addition to the Viator community.”

When talking about what made her apply for the job, Mrs. Bremner said, “As I was teaching at Our Lady of the Wayside, I was promoting Saint Viator and always communicating with administration and teachers on how to prepare students; our goal was to always make the transition between middle school and high school an easy one.”

“I think she is going to bring a lot of positive energy to the school. As a parent with four kids that have gone through Viator, she knows what appeals to potential Viator parents and she knows the school. Having worked for years in a feeder school, she knows how to effectively reach out to feeder schools,” said junior Andrew Bremner, son of Mrs. Bremner.

Additionally, she has many personal goals to improve not only enrollment rates but also the experience of the school for prospective students and their families. For example, her personal goal is for the incoming freshman class of 2023 to reach a total enrollment of 240 students. Mrs. Bremner described the importance of continuing to build relationships with feeder schools by beginning to meet individually with their principals. An important message she hopes to convey is that Catholic education is a mindset from kindergarten to twelfth grade. Thus, the promotion of K-12 Catholic education, in conjunction with the further development of the Parent’s Ambassador program, will help spread this message of Saint Viator.

On a broader scale, Mrs. Bremner has found a home with the Saint Viator community and has joined the legacy of those who will be a Lion for life.

“I am thrilled to be a part of the Saint Viator staff and am excited to help grow this community!” said Ms. Bremner.