Choral students showcase musical talent

Photo by Ian Malek

The Saint Viator choir performs during the Fine Arts assembly.

The Choral Showcase is the only concert in which all the choirs come together in one performance. The concert, to be held on April 17, is free and open admission to all music lovers. Treble choir of freshman and sophomore girls, the concert choir of junior and senior girls, and chamber singers and music ministry, which includes the choir and instrumentals at mass, all participate in the event. Chamber will be doing an a capella arrangement of “Hello” by Adele, concert has been working on some gospel pieces and treble is working on jazz music.

“I am particularly excited for the group performances,” said freshman Bella Pierce.

In addition to the group performances, the singers can bring in some of their own music to perform as solos.

“It is my first time at Saint Viator running this concert,” said choir director Mr. Joe Giovannetti. “I was here for the first-ever showcase performed, and I am excited to see how it has grown since then.”

The choral showcase was started by a teacher named Ms. Amy Bearden in 2013.

“This showcase is a beneficial event for Saint Viator because it gives students a chance to showcase themselves in unique ways that they are not able to in everyday choral activities,” said Mr. Giovannetti. “It also gives them a chance to break out and work on individual talents and exercise more freedom.”