Mr.+Matt+Hynek+meets+with+students+involved+in+Champions+Club%2C+discusses+leadership+opportunities+

Mr. Matt Hynek meets with students involved in Champions Club, discusses leadership opportunities

Champions Club challenges student athletes to be leaders on, off field

Many student athletes know the importance of leadership to do well in both school and their sports. The Champions Club is a new group dedicated to helping students become positive leaders both in the classroom and on the field.

“The goal of the Champions Club is to provide leadership learning opportunities for students at Saint Viator,” said club moderator Mr. Martin Jennings. “It is an opportunity for student athletes to discuss different topics, challenge each other to become better leaders in their particular sports programs and provides service leadership for the club members”

The creation of a leadership club for athletes had been in the works for a couple years, and while it is still a work in progress, it is starting to take its true form.

“When this originally came up, a couple of alumni wanted to start a sports leadership ministry type of club, and over the last two years we’ve evolved the club and found it’s role,” said Mr. Jennings. “We are hoping to build off the foundation of the last couple of years to spark and build the Champions Club in it’s current form.”

“If [students] are interested in athletic leadership and want to challenge themselves to become better leaders in their class, in the athletic world or just in general, they should stop by the athletic office and find out more information about it,” said Mr. Jennings.

Viator Voice • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Viator Voice
$300
$300
Contributed
Our Goal