Art by Joanne Jun

Art by Joanne Jun

Artists drawn to group celebrating creativity

New this year is the Illustrator’s Club, a community where students can create artwork and connect with other artists at Saint Viator.

“It is a club for students looking to hone their own artistic style,” said club moderator Mr. Matt Gruenfeld.

The club was created by senior Fiona Conneely, who noticed a lack of artistic opportunities at Saint Viator.

“I realized that we didn’t really have any good co-curricular art activities at Saint Viator,” said Conneely.

“It’s really just a way for them to develop their own style of artwork,” said Mr. Gruenfeld. “At the meetings there’s art exercises we do to help generate creativity.”

Students will not only be able to channel their artistic ability, but also connect with other students interested in art.

“I’m just so excited about meeting new people and new artists, especially since a lot of artists tend to be introverted,” said Conneely. “It’s a good way to know each other.”

While talented students are part of the Illustrator’s Club, students do not have to be experienced artists to join.

“It is not something that’s made for professional artists. It’s meant for artists of all talents and abilities,” said Conneely. “As long as you’re having fun and being creative, illustrator’s club is for you.”

“Everybody’s welcome,” said Mr. Gruenfeld. “You don’t have to have any other fine arts classes at Viator. We’re really trying to form a welcoming artistic community.”

Viator Voice • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Viator Voice
$300
$300
Contributed
Our Goal